Maintenance and focused shopping why is it important?
No one says it better than - Dr. Ralf Speth CEO Jaguar Land Rover “If you think that good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design.”
Focused Shopping principles are ....
Buy less, I am 100% sure that if you tried it you know that it is easier said then done and a process as you know.
Choose well, no this is another one for the boos, so many things get in the way of this one lol a few main ones are impulse love, a great deal and I wouldn't be able to afford it even if I wanted to.
Make it last, this is all about maintenance it is exactly like weeding need I say more!
TIPS FOR A more conscious INTERIOR Ideas on how to achieve it .... and maintain it,
It’s easy to give your home a more eco friendly interior with these tips!
1. Use plants as decorations. Plants provide oxygen, and filter out harmful chemicals from the air. Plus, they offer a natural beauty.
2. Let the light in, the right lighting can make all the difference in space. It boosts vitamin D, wards off seasonal depression, and improves sleep.
3. Avoid decorating products with (VOC) content, volatile organic compounds are organic chemicals that easily evaporate at room temperature. Paint is one of the products that you need to be very careful of when it comes to its VOC content because its used everywhere in the home.
4. Choose furniture made from natural materials when looking for your essentials.
5. Choose natural textiles & finishings. FYI Wool, is a great material; It’s hypoallergenic, biodegradable and recyclable, odour- and dust-mite-resistant, moisture-absorbent and anti-bacterial. It’s also considered the most fire-resistant textile fibre. Another good upholstery material is natural latex made from the collected sap of rubber trees – it’s also fire-resistant and doesn’t emit VOCs.
Extracted from my e-book 'The Curated Home' Link
Love to #style your interiors? Good news!